Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Artist Spotlight: Chuck Close

(4 SELF PORTRAITS THROUGH THE YEARS)





Chuck Close is one of my favorite artists of all time. His realism is mind numbing and his pointilism is super awesome...He painted these self portraits over the last 20 years, I love the difference in style used over time.

Oh yeah did I mention that these paintings are MASSIVE? Most of his work covers walls, some of them needed scaffolding to reach the top while painting them...

And...another thing--he is quadrapalegic...since the late 80s he has painted everything with a paintbrush held by his teeth--Dude is unbelieveable. I wrote an essay about him when I was in 10th grade...I had no clue who he was at the time but my art instructor told me to check him out...Thanks Mr. Mays!


For more info on this incredible human check his website:

C L I C K H E R E

(it didnt seem like he had alot of art to look at on the site, I'd suggest google image search if you wanna see some more of his work--peep that Kate Moss portrait...Am I Right Guys?! ha see ya next time)

lovealwayspetabread.

-saev

No comments: