Thursday, August 6, 2009

Justified Materialism with Saev: FLASHBACK

My Momma and I were just talking about classic kicks from the 90s (yeah, seriously)...and she reminded me about my 5th grade year, I really wanted a new pair of shoes but I was doing really badly in school. They didnt have much money back then, but she made a deal that if I brought my grades (and attitude) up I could pick out a pair of shoes...now I dont know if it was the commercials (remember KJ dressed up like an old lady dunking in a living room?!) or the colorway or what...but i HAD to have these shoes.

1994 Kevin Johnson Black/Purple Con's REACT Pandemonium:


And when I finally got them--man was I proud. That was the last pair of shoes my parents ever bought me, that summer I got a job mowing lawns and went with the Shaq instapumps that fall for 6th grade. Hah, looking back I was pretty intense with my shoe purchases...thank god I found skateboarding in 7th grade.

olivejuicepuckfeta!

-saev

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can´t find that kevin johnson commercial video for those shoes. can somebody help? would really love to see it again after all these years.

TravisLambrightSC said...

No worries, it wasnt KJ, but Larry Johnson, he was GrandMama. He also endorsed Converse. Good stuff though, KJ wore these Cons and dunked all over Hakeem!