Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We make you think...

Just down

The smooth ivory planks thirst for oil from my finger tips
The dry printed page yearns for ink that never drips
The smiles and laughs spit forced from my lips
The dance is smothered in my chest and never gets to my hips

The failures and fears turn over and over like a dance of demons
Their laughter echoes the death of the dreams that I'll never be
The lies and secrets tucked in the folds of my brain
Illuminated like a star on an empty stage with a cigarette and a bad joke

Its the longing and dread so elegantly balanced
Stalemate leaving only empty silence in my head
The frustration of moving not forward nor backward
Just down

Nothing ever feels right for too long
Nothing good ever lasts
We are never done or finished or satisfied
And we are lucky if we even know what we are looking for.

When will I stop waiting for Fridays and smoke breaks and birthdays and new things?
I always want summer when its cold and winter when its hot
Ill want it until the only thing I feel is damp darkness from inside the earth.

Im not praying for a miracle, but I'll still hold my breath
If we all live in circles, why should I fight till the death?

>anonymous1

No comments: