Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9th: We will never forget Biggie

Big
Today is March 9th. It's been 12 years to the day since the unsolved murder of Biggie Smalls. I actually had the opportunity to see Big and The Junior Mafia live at the Pan American Center months before his death. I was just a teenager still learning about Hip Hop at the time, but seeing him live on stage was the coolest thing I've ever witnessed. The legendary BIG has been idolized and loved by many, not because of his fortune and fame, but because he was best emcee and the coolest dude anyone has every seen or heard.

They've recently made a movie about the black Frank White but I dont think I need to see it. Im worried it will be another failed mainstream attempt to portray a legend who bled NYC Hip Hop. Biggie was a lot of things but he will always be Hip Hop to me. He was the epitome of emcee.

We will never forget you.

-Jess

No comments: